Dear Friends,
I hope you are all enjoying summertime and the warmer weather!

Jerry Pickman '85

Thank you to all who attended the Foundation’s Donor Appreciation Reception in April! It was a wonderful reception with great food and outstanding displays of student work. I hope that if you were there, you had a chance to visit with the students.

As great as that part of the reception was, it may have been eclipsed by my announcement during the program – the MWSU Foundation received a $1 million gift from Missouri Western supporter Drew Brown! The gift will help fund an addition to Potter Hall, home of the School of Fine Arts, when the balance of the funds needed for the project is raised. And when the addition is completed, it will be named the Drew H. Brown Arts Annex.

I can’t begin to express my gratitude to Drew for this gift. It means so much to not only the arts programs at Missouri Western, but to the entire University. We sincerely appreciate his generosity.

In just a few weeks, our next president, Matt Wilson, J.D., will begin his term, and we are excited to think about what he will bring to Missouri Western.

Our current president, Dr. Robert Vartabedian, has done an outstanding job at the helm, and he will be greatly missed. Information about a farewell reception for him is in this newsletter.

Again, thanks for your support of Missouri Western as members of the Western League for Excellence!

Sincerely,

Jerry Pickman ’85
Executive Director, MWSU Foundation
Vice President for University Advancement