This award recognizes service by a student organization which has demonstrated outstanding commitment to their community through direct financial contributions, development of charitable programs, volunteering and leadership in philanthropy.
The Excellence in Philanthropy will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Contact Information Name of nominee, address, phone, email, name/organization submitting the form
- Description of project(s), including goals, process, budget (if relevant) and other people involved in the process (adult leaders or adviser, etc.), results that were achieved (time, talent and/or financial contribution given for the common good). (0-40 points)
- Description of the impact the nominee had on the community, including numbers of people helped, financial impact, organizations helped, etc. (0-30 points)
- Long term (1-2 years) impact of the nominee’s work. Will the project(s) be ongoing and has the nominee considered next steps or working on other projects? (0-20 points)
- Evidence that the project(s) can serve as a prototype for others or is easily duplicated in other communities. (0-10 points)
Please attach responses to the above criteria in a summary format of no more than three pages. Number each criterion and address each one separately in narrative form.
Completed nomination packages should be returned to the Development Office, Spratt Hall 106, no later than April 17, 2020. For more information, contact us at (816) 271-5648.
The MWSU Foundation Excellence in Philanthropy Award will be presented at the MWSU Foundation board meeting on May 6, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
Two representatives of the winning organization will be invited to attend the board meeting to accept the award.