Skip to content
Arts Points of Pride
- The Fountain City Brass Band toured in England last fall and was featured in a television documentary about brass bands. Dr. Lee Harrelson, chair of the Department of Music, is the founder and artistic director of the band. PHOTO
- Student Indigo Gaydusek will be painting a Griffon wings mural in downtown St Joseph for people to pose by for photos.
- The Chamber Singers, under the direction of Dr. Elise Hepworth, associate professor of music, will travel and perform at nine high schools during spring break March 11-14 for the annual spring recruitment tour. The ensemble will perform at schools in Omaha, Des Moines, and Minneapolis, reaching nearly 2,000 students.
- Madeline Rislow, assistant professor of art, gave an invited public lecture, Recycling Iconic Christian Art: Considering Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel as a Model for the Contemporary Precious Moments Chapel, at Berea College, Berea, Kentucky.
- Elise Hepworth, associate professor of music, served as an adjudicator for the KC Metro All-District Choir at Oak Park High School. Dr. Nathanael May, associate professor of music, adjudicated the state piano finals for the Missouri Music Teachers Association at the University of Missouri-Columbia and the Kansas Music Teachers Association at the University of Kansas.
- Morgan Mallory, assistant professor of theatre, cinema and dance, traveled with 23 students to the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival. While there, she presented a session, Invisible Theatre: From Boal to the Mannequin Challenge. Student Darien Witter, displayed her work in the costume parade.