Dear Friends,

As I write this letter, snow is again in the weather forecast! I’m sure you are all like me and are very ready for spring! I hope the winter hasn’t been too hard on you.

Since Dr. Robert Vartabedian is retiring as Missouri Western’s president on June 30, I wanted to take a moment to talk about him. We are at about mid-semester right now, so the number of days that he will be at the helm are decreasing quickly.

I believe our University has been incredibly fortunate to have such a great leader for the past 11 years; his accomplishments are vast and have left an impression on the institution. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with him, and I know I will not be the only one that misses him.

Just this week, we hired a new president to replace Dr. Vartabedian, Matt Wilson, J.D. You can read about him in the article above in this newsletter. We appreciated input from both the campus and community for this important position. When the candidates learned about the amount of support we receive from donors like you, they were very impressed.

While I am sad to bid Dr. Vartabedian a fond farewell, I can’t help but be excited for Missouri Western to see what new leadership will bring to the University’s future. And, most importantly, I hope you will be part of that future, as well.

Thank you for all you do for Missouri Western.

Sincerely,

Jerry Pickman ’85
Executive Director, MWSU Foundation
Vice President, University Advancement