Dear Friends,

Jerry PickmanHappy 2018! As we begin a new year, it’s always good to reflect on the past and think about the future. Looking back on Missouri Western’s 2017, I think we had a great year – growth in enrollment, updates completed in many buildings and numerous extra programs for students.

As I recall our University successes, I think of Western League for Excellence members, because you played a vital role in helping us enhance our students’ educational experience this past year.

The Western League for Excellence was founded in 2005 with 300 charter members in an effort to encourage unrestricted gifts on an annual basis. Today, we have 484 members, and we truly appreciate your continued support.

Unrestricted gifts give the University the flexibility to support programs, equipment and “extras” for students that otherwise may not be available to them. To give you an idea of how valuable your unrestricted gifts are, last year, Western League for Excellence gifts supported an art day for high schoolers (more than 1,200 attended!), guest speakers, Potter Art Gallery exhibitions, field equipment for biology students and more.

As I look to the future, I realize that there will be challenges ahead because of dwindling state allocations. But because of your commitment to continue to support Missouri Western with unrestricted gifts, it gives me great hope, and I am excited to see what 2018 may bring.

Thank you for your membership in the Western League for Excellence, and thank you for giving us great hope for the future.

My best,

Jerry Pickman ’85