Missouri Western’s students’ lives changed rapidly when COVID-19 disrupted our lives. Since ending the semester early, Missouri Western has received dozens of pleas for help from our students. Homeless students are asking to remain in our residence halls. With limited dining services, the Campus Cupboard has seen increased usage. Employment is limited, and students are facing financial struggles they never saw coming. Others who were already in financial jeopardy are now lacking basic needs. Missouri Western State University has created the COVID-19 Student Emergency Fund to help support our students in need.
By supporting this fund, you can help us provide for our students:
- Food, toiletries, and funding for necessary medications
- Any educational-related expenses as Missouri Western has shifted classes to spring culminating experiences
- Money for travel for students who may need to go home or to and from work
- Funds for unmet financial costs due to loss of employment
- Student wages unable to be earned due to closures
Thank you in advance for ensuring our Griffons have the resources they need to continue to be healthy and successful.
Make your gift today to be the difference in the life of a Missouri Western student.
If you are a student who needs assistance or know of a student who needs assistance, contact Student Affairs to learn about campus resources. You can find us on the web, email, or call (816) 271-4433.